Saturday 21 July 2012

Batman is Alive!

Thinking about the new movie the 'Dark Knight Rises', has made me decide to make this post about my love for marvel comics, and graphic novels. In every other sense of the word 'nerd', I do not live up to the expectations, the exception being comics and super heros. When times were tough as a teen I would spend hours pouring over the graphic novel section at the library, not the comic store as the overwheling number of young men scared me away! During this time I found a chinese version of the batman series, in which this graphic rendered drawing came from. I will admit it is not recent, however Batman lives forever!


The Chinese writing literally translates to 'Batman' source: My chinese friend told me this. This artwork was produced around the time I was doing geography papers in 2010, which means poor student with little funds. This meant instead of using expensive render-markers, I used good ol' cascade bic felts. The finish gave exceeding bright colours the exception being the bleeding between the different colours. Nicola Tickner.


No comments:

Post a Comment